Friday, August 29, 2014

2014 State Fair sketches!

MN STATE FAIR 2014!
 
For the past 3 years I have taken a day off to meet with Roz Stendhal and the Metro Sketchers to draw at the State fair for a whole day!  So wonderful and the temperature was amazing. 
 
 
 
 
I won't eat a deep fried candy bar, but I will draw one!

 
A warm up sketch of an architecture detail the Agriculture building

 
I have never tried a horse before. This is a standing inkwash.

 
Sleeping pigs are so fun to draw...standing inkwash

 
A sheep getting ready for the show. The only one still enough to draw...standing inkwash

 
Such an awesome slide and such great colors. Water color from my altoid kit.

 
This building was just too much fun not to draw.

 
I always start the fair with a Twisted Sister Sausage and it is my warm up sketch.

 
A friend works here and I had a great visit with him while drawing.
 
 
I hope you enjoy these!
 
James Nutt

No comments:

Post a Comment